Sunday, January 20, 2013

Layouts & Project Life Week 3

I was so excited to see Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook Pages challenges, happening again!  I love these challenges! I used her most current sketch for this layout below.  I also used up almost all of my Sassafrass Lass Foldie Flowers. Eeekk!  I hope someone comes out with something similar soon!   I also used some of my new Studio Calico and Simple Stories products.  Those aqua glitter Thickers came from Marshall's.  I got them for a $1.00!   Score!


This is a Christmas layout  using some Studio Calico Yearbook and My Dear scraps and labels.  There is also some paper torn out of my Smash Book.
* On a side note...I wish Smash Book would do a 3 Ring Binder System, instead of the coil binding.  (Just saying.)  

 My sweet girls.  Gosh they make me feel old, looking at them all grown up!  Another  layout for my Journal Your Christmas Album.  (Its getting closer to being done).


My un-embellished Project Life Week #3.   This is my first year doing Project Life.  I just don't know how I feel about it yet.  I don't want to quit, because I know it is always awkward doing something for the first time.

Here is the deal, for some reason I just don't get the creative release doing PL that I do when I scrap a layout.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is the pre-defined areas of the page protectors?  I feel confined?

I am not knocking Project Life at all... it is just different for me.  So, I am going to give it some time and see if I get into a groove with it... or not.
 I do like seeing a photo recap of my week, though.  Ha !  See... I am still undecided.
 I am feeling pretty relaxed knowing that I have two more scrappy days ahead of me, before work starts again.  I am off school for the Martin Luther King holiday tomorrow!  Whoot! Whoot!   Now...off to scrap!

5 comments:

Sonja said...

Your layout is amazing, love the red and the aqua. And the little cupcakes on the photo.
For my layout I used the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper by Stampin´Up! But I think the paper isn´t available anymore, it was in their holiday mini.
Sonja

Debbie P said...

Love your layouts! I too am excited Shimelle's sketches are back, even though I haven't done one yet! Great job!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS work!!!

Kelly said...

I love your take on Shimelle's starting point! (found you from her page of course)

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on with all your projects. You did a great job on everything. Thanks for sharing.

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...