Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Once Upon A...Sketch - Challenge Layout

I created this layout using the November challenge sketch from the Once Upon a...Sketch blog.  This month's challenge was to create a layout and journal about the joys of being a woman.  First, I have to say that it is always challenging for me to scrap a layout about myself.  I don't know why? It is just hard for me.  However, I know someday my children will appreciate having at least a couple of layouts of ole' mom.  :) 

My journaling says:  "The older I get, I am finding that my insecurities are fading.  I am less self-focused and more outward focused.  I know who I am and have accepted myself.  I am happy to be in this place and enjoy being a woman."    

This was a fun challenge and I really like how my layout turned out!  It was very therapeutic! :)  I am already looking forward to the next sketch challenge! :)


And here is the November sketch I used:

9 comments:

Lene said...

This is so pretty ! Love the colors and the sewing !

Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful layout. I love the way you journal.What you say about insecurities fading (although far from completely in my case at least...lol) is so true.
Your photo is lovely and all your choises for embellishments too. Love the text-flowers.
Thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!

Jasmine S said...

Oh I just love your theme for this challenge as I totally agree with you. I too feel more and more comfortable with myself as I get older. Beautiful page and thanks for joining us at OUAS.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi kelly! Firstly thank you for joining us at OUAS and directing us to your blog, because I have just discovered it and LOVE your work!

Your layout is awesome. I know it is hard to scrap about our selves..I used to find it hard too but like you said I think my kids will want to know who their mother was. That I was young once too (..LOL!). I think you have done a fantastic job. LOVE the flowers and I must say I agree with your journalling 100%. Absolutely my thoughts!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Ella Swan said...

So many pretty details here! Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch!!

Natalie said...

This is such a gorgeous page.
Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A Sketch.
xxx

Georgia Heald said...

Great take on the sketch, love the little bit of grungy with a mix of pretty =) Thanks for playing along with at OUAS =)

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this is gorgeous.. the photo is so beautiful... and your journalling is wonderful.. love this..

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This is just fabulous. Love the soft and delicate details and the colours are perfect!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...