Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shimelle's Blog Challenge #9




Here is the past "sketch of the week" challenge, I chose.  I just now realized that I chose the same sketch that Shimelle used for the layout preview for this challenge.  Wow!  I went through several pages of old challenges and this is what I chose!  LOL!  Great minds think alike, I guess! :)


Here is my layout based on the sketch: 




I got a bit carried away with the paint splatters on this layout.  I was thinking of just throwing in the towel and starting over, but I decided to just go with it and chalk it up as a learning experience.   While this is not my favorite layout, I had a lot of fun with the creative process and I ADORE this photo.

I wanted to say "Hi" to my new followers and tell you how much I appreciate your comments and input!  This weekend crop of Shimelle's has been very productive for me and as an added bonus, I have met so many other talented scrappers. I have also had the pleasure of browsing wonderful layouts.  It has been a blast seeing all the creativity and different styles.  So inspiring!  :)

I wanted to send a special shout out to Miss Cynthia who, I believe, has completed EVERY challenge and probably has commented and viewed every submission!  You are a sweet-heart and I love your enthusiasm!
Stop by Cynthia's blog and check out her gorgeous work.  { The Wandering Buckeye...Creates }

2 comments:

Jill said...

Aw, what a cutie! Fantastic layout. I love your style!

Lisa-Jane said...

Well I think it rocks! I love all the little bits, so much to look at. Loving your style!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...