Saturday, June 16, 2012

Shimelle's Starting Point Layout

A new starting point from Shimelle, yippeee!  I love these challenges!  Here is a photo of Shimelle's starting point and a link to the original post.  If you haven't participated in one of these challenges... you should really give it a try!  It is fun and a great creative-muscle stretcher!  :)


Here is what I came up with:
These are photos my sweetie took during our Pre-K Graduation Ceremony.  It was a bitter-sweet event.  Sweet. because I loved seeing all my students celebrate this milestone.  Bitter, because it marked the end of my time with this group of students, who I came to love like my own.  They don't prepare you for that during college! :(  I was surprised by my own emotions!


Most of the products I used on this page are from Sassfras Lass (Cherry Delicious, Ellie"s Tale, Count Me In, & Paper Crush Collections), which sadly is no longer in the Scrapbook business.  I believe they are designing fabric now?  Anyway, I stocked up on their products awhile back and now I am taking Shimelle's wise advice to "use it while you love it." No hoarding! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your mix of patterns on this page!

Cynthia said...

What a fun page--despite it being a bittersweet moment! LOVE the colors!!

Unknown said...

Love this layout!! Bright coloring and happy patterns!!

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting my blog! I just had to repay the favour and I'm so pleased that I did.
LOVE this layout, i have those papers and have always been bit scared to use them as they are very bright even for me, but they definitely work on this page. i also love that you have zoomed in on elements of your page, i think the wound up twine is fab, i may have to borrow that idea :)

thanks

Emma xxxxx

Debbie P said...

Wow, what a gorgeous layout! Love the product choices!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...