Monday, July 2, 2012

July 4th Celebration Preparations


I LOVE Pinterest!  I pinned this lovely Stars & Stripes Bunting project by Kierste and knew I had to give it a try!  We have lots of family & friends coming over to celebrate the 4th, and I really want the house to look festive!  :)    


I decided I wanted to create triangular banners as opposed to the rectangular ones.  I basically followed the directions in Kierste's tutorial.  Instead of  jute, I cut long strips of the burlap to "string" the banners from and instead of hot gluing I sewed the banners to the burlap strips.  It is very rustic looking and goes great with my decor. :)


This is another little project I worked on today:
We are cooking out hamburgers, hot dogs, etc on the grill, but here are a couple of recipes I pinned and plan on making for our July 4th festivities!

Fiesta Dip by Dishing with Leslie
 Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Dishing with Leslie

Mini Deep Dish Fruit Pizzas by Banner Boutique



Oh good... now I am hungry!  LOL!   I have a couple of more projects that I am working on... I will post those another day.   :)  


3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love love love the bunting!! And those recipes made me hungry too--I'm off to peruse them and see if I have what it takes to whip them up!! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie P said...

You rocked the banner bunting!!!! Love it! Wow, I'm going to check out those recipes....they look absolutely yummy! Have a safe and fun 4th! tfs!!!

Anonymous said...

That bunting is to die for!!! Looks like it's going to be a fun party!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...