Friday, August 3, 2012

Ramblings and a couple of layouts


The past few weeks have been CRAZY busy.  My new classroom was in a state of  dirty chaos when I walked in a couple of weeks ago.  In between meetings and training conferences, I have managed to get it somewhat cleaned and under control.  Here is a before picture:


It is arranged, organized, and clean now... but not finished.  I will post some "after" photos when I am done. Heck, I may even do a before and after scrapbook layout about it! :)  

I decided NOT to go to the classroom today and NOT obsess about all that still needs doing.  I decided to have a scrappy, crafty, relaxing weekend before the real craziness begins August 15th.  :) 

I have had these layouts sitting on my easel for a couple of weeks, just waiting to be photographed, edited, and blogged. 






  
Well, that is all the scrapping I have gotten to lately.



On another note:  I have been reading the Storm of Swords, the 3rd Book in the Game of Thrones series.    I usually read books first then watch the movie or series, but in this case, I watched the first two seasons on HBO and got hooked!  So much so,  I had to start reading the book that the 3rd season is based on, because I HAD to know what happened next! LOL!  I am seriously enthralled in this story.  Although, there have been a couple of times when I literally wanted to smack George RR Martin, the author!  No character is immune from death in his books... and it is VERY rude when you get so attached to them and he kills them off!  Ughhhh!

If you read this far, you deserve a gold star!  LOL!  I seriously didn't mean to ramble on so long, but I guess I need to get it out of my system since I may not have much time to post during the school year.  Hugs and have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I earned me a gold star! :) Your layouts are so gorgeous and i can't wait to see one about your class room :)

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! I really love the title on the Funky Music layout! I will definitely have to steal that. My hubs is on the final book in the Game of Thrones set - I have never known him read books so quickly but he also mentioned that everyone gets killed off!

Nirupama said...

Gold star winner, yay :) I love your layouts. It is great how you paired so many different patterns but still made a great looking LO for the first one. I read all the GoT books too, right before the show started. I'm starting to feel like I'll never get any plot resolution. The last few books are very slow in my opinion.

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...