Saturday, June 22, 2013

Totally Tags...

I have been feeling uninspired.  I haven't wanted to do much of anything.  So... instead of wallowing in it, I just made myself do something creative.  I found a package of tags and a bowl full of embossed raw chipboard elements that I have had forever.  I forced myself get the paint and spray inks out. I told myself I would just mess around and see what happens.  I really figured whatever I made would end up in the trash can.  Negative, I know.  HOWEVER, it freed me in a way.  It took away the expectations to make something "good" or "pretty".  It was okay if whatever I made sucked rocks.  It didn't matter.  I was just going through the motions to see if something sparked.  Well, it did... eventually.  Inspiration struck and a day later I ended up with six tags.  I really enjoyed the process and now I am on a creative roll.  :)

During this time I was surfing the net and saw Simon Says Stamps new Kraft challenge and decided to pull out my sheet of corrugated Kraft cardstock and some kraft labels and stickers... and see if I could somehow incorporate these items.  Here is what I came up with:








So, the moral of the story is:  If you feel uninspired, sometimes just forcing yourself to DO SOMETHING creative with no expectations for the outcome, is just the thing you need to get over that hump!  

3 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! Beautiful tags!!!! The stitching is exceptional! Love the use of the Kraft corrugated paper as well! The colors are fabulous, and your butterflies and bird card are wonderful additions! Great staging as well with the pics! Thank you so much for krafting with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Anonymous said...

These are all so amazing! Love the texture, colors, and details! Pinned :)

May said...

oh my goodness these are so inspired! The color, texture, and detail to these is amazing. Truly can't stop looking! Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...