Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A little bit rusty...

I got struck by the Scrapbooking bug again.  I think it has something to do with my Grandbaby moving to the same town as me!  So many new memories to document, on the horizon!  Plus, I have a ton of pictures from all my summer adventures that I suddenly feel the need to get in albums!  I am inspired, but also feeling a little rusty.  I am not allowing myself to purchase anymore supplies for the time being.  I have lots of old supplies that should work just fine.  It is very tempting to shop for the latest and greatest, but I am really trying to pay off those credit cards... from all my summer adventures.  LOL!  I also feel like using up my stash will force me to be a little more creative.  I kind of got in a rut, which is why the scrapbook bug left me in the first place.  I  was bored.  I have tons of mixed media supplies and plenty of scrapbook products.  I am going to combine those two loves more and see what happens.  Here are my latest layouts:

I was inspired to try out pocket pages to scrap our trip to New Mexico and Colorado in August.  I have so many pictures of our trip, I thought this would be the best way to get them in albums.  I have to say, after doing these pages, pocket pages are not my favorite.  I feel a bit confined using them and they are so structured.  Too much structure doesn't jive with my creative side.  As an elementary teacher, I am soooo structured in my job.  I need an escape now and then.  :)




This is my favorite picture I took all summer.  This little girl makes my wonderful, blessed life, all the more sweeter!  

If you read this far.... you are awesome!  Thanks for taking the time out of your day to get to know me a little better!  I would love to get to know you too!  Leave me a comment, so I can follow your blog!  Have a WONDERFUL day!  

Hugs,

Kelly

No comments:

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...