Friday, June 29, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a scrapping rut?  Do you ever feel like you are sort of doing the same thing over and over and your layouts are looking very similar?  Not that there is anything wrong with repetition and process, unless you are feeling bored with it.  I was feeling this way and wanted to try some new techniques and sort of break out of my comfortable little scrappy box.    So, what did I do?  Went to Pinterest, of course,  in search of inspiration!  

I have been on pinterest awhile and LOVE it!  The problem is that I pin all these great ideas, but don't often utilize the ideas.  I challenged myself to find a layout that inspired me and scraplift it.  

I found this gorgeous layout to scraplift:  I did a little research and found out it was created by Spica.  You should go check out all the lovely layouts on her blog!  She is a very talented scrapper indeed! 

What I love about this layout is the twine used sort-of-like a clothesline, with all the fun embellishments hanging off.  I have had these tiny clothes pins in my stash awhile and could never really figure out a way to incorporate them in my layouts.  Plus, I have had this same chipboard collection by My Minds Eye that I couldn't seem to find a good spot for either.   Bonus!  Inspiration and Stash Busting!  ---You know how I love stash busting! :)  ---
Here is my pinterest/scraplifted layout:
Overall, I am very pleased with how this turned out.  It felt really good to get out of my comfort zone.  It did take me a little longer than most of my layouts, but well worth the extra time spent.

If you are feeling in a scrappy rut, I encourage you to head to pinterest and find a layout that speaks to you... and don't just pin it... lift it!  :)

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a gorgeous page!!! I love LOVE the clothespin/clothesline idea. So cute! And that photo is just adorable! Perfect with the colors of the page!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!!

Debbie P said...

Dreamy layouts! I still have the same papers from MME & need to use them. You have given me some inspiration to do so! tfs!

Unknown said...

You should be WAY more than pleased! This turned out fabulous!

The Great Outdoors

Hey friend! Thank you for stopping by! I just finished uploading a process video for my layout titled, The Great Outdoors. I used an Echo...